The New Mexico Museum of Art is open to the public as of Saturday, February 20, 2021!
All visitors and employees will be required to wear masks or cloth face coverings at all times.
The number of visitors allowed into the building will be limited in accordance with the most current New Mexico Public Health Order. Reduced occupancy might result in a wait to gain entry.
There will be 6-foot social distancing markers and one-way directional flow in high traffic areas within the museum in order to promote a physically distanced and safe environment.
All theaters, auditoriums, interactive exhibits, engagement stations, libraries, archives, collections, and attractions, etc. will remain closed.
Group visits, public programs, special events, research services, and volunteer/docent activities will continue in virtual formats only.
Learn more about how the New Mexico Museum of Art and the Department of Cultural Affairs are keeping you safe!
Regular Hours: Tuesdays through Sundays, 10AM to 4PM
Wednesdays from 10AM to noon will be reserved for higher-risk populations. This correspondeds with DCA's weekly free day for state residents 60 and older.
Closed on Mondays
Holiday hours: The museum is closed on January 1, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. Call ahead if you plan to visit on Christmas Eve or New Years Eve as we usually close early on those days.
Winter weather conditions may require the museum to close. Please contact the front desk at 505-476-5063.
- Children 16 and under are admitted free.
- New Mexico foster parents and foster children are admitted free.
- Museum of New Mexico Foundation members are admitted free.
- New Mexico residents 60 and older are admitted free on Wednesdays with ID.
- School Groups, including all chaperones, are admitted free. Call 505-795-4513 to schedule your group visit.
- New Mexico residents are admitted free on the first Sunday of each month.
- New Mexico residents are admitted free 5 - 7 p.m on the first Friday of every month from November through April and every Friday 5 - 7 p.m. May through October, with ID.